The Risks and Rewards of Ankle Liposuction
Ankle liposuction is a way to finally get rid of those bothersome “cankles” that cause a lack of definition to your legs. Everyone wants to feel good about their body and one area that is hard to work out, is the ankle and lower calf region.
Many people have struggled for years trying to create more shapely calves and ankles, but have been hindered in the process. Some have found that this procedure has finally given them the look that they have always desired.
What Causes ‘Cankles’?
Cankles are the appearance of the lack of ankles; meaning your calf connects directly to your foot, without a section for your ankle. Both men and women alike can develop cankles at some point in their life, but they are most commonly found in women.
There are many reasons that someone may develop cankles;
- pregnancy, being overweight and heart or kidney problems being the leading causes.
- You may also find that cankles are hereditary. If you notice that other members of your family also have cankles, the chances are greater that you will develop them yourself. In these situations it may become even more difficult to get rid of cankles once they appear.
- One important thing that you should watch out for when dealing with cankles is Pitting Edema. This is caused by an abnormal collection of fluid. In order to determine if you have pitting edema, you can apply pressure to a small section of your ankle.
- If the indention that was created by the pressure remains after you have finished applying pressure, you should seek medical attention. This could be a sign of heart or kidney failure.
Treating Cankles Naturally
Some have found certain types of exercises to be very beneficial when fighting cankles.
- The first thing that you should focus on is weight loss.
- By reducing your BMI to a proper level, you will have an easier time getting your body shaped the way that you want it to look.
- You should also eat healthy foods and calculate your calorie intake to reduce it by around 25% while you are working to get yourself in shape. You should also reduce your salt intake and drink lots of water in order to keep your water retention to a minimum.
- Some exercises that have been shown to help with cankles are jump roping and walking. You should also attempt to strengthen your calf muscles in order to make the proportions more desirable.
What is Ankle Liposuction?
Some have found that diet and exercise are not enough when treating cankles. If you are in this situation, you may be contemplating a medical procedure called ankle liposuction. This procedure works in much the same way as any other type of traditional liposuction and helps to reshape the legs and remove unwanted fat from around the ankles.
The procedure is completed by a professional cosmetic surgeon and has become increasingly more popular of the past few decades. A small incision is made in an inconspicuous area and the fat is dissolved and removed.
It was once a procedure that offered very little results, but with the advancement of technology, the success of this procedure has progressed greatly.
Risks and Recovery Time
There are risks involved with ankle liposuction.
- Because this specific area of the body is close to many small nerves, arteries and veins, doctors must be very careful when performing this procedure.
- Some have experienced bleeding and nerve damage as well as damage to the ankle joint. However, technology has progressed greatly since the introduction of this procedure several years ago and these issues are rarely seen now.
- Due to the nature of the procedure, recovery can be a drawn out process. You may notice drainage from the incisions as well as swelling that may need to be controlled via special compression tools.
- It may take several days and weeks before you begin to feel and look better. You should expect to be in bed for about a week and not be fully back to yourself for an additional eight weeks.
Reviews and Results
Many people have seen great results from ankle liposuction, but it is important to remember that everybody’s body will react differently and results may vary from one person to the next. While some have seen drastic, life changing results, others have seen more subtle changes that have helped build their confidence and make them feel better about themselves.
The biggest complaint regarding this procedure is recovery time. Some, who have had multiple liposuction procedures completed, have mentioned that this procedure is the most difficult. The recovery time is quite a bit longer than normal and the amount of time that it takes to actually begin seeing your results may be a bit longer as well.
Average Costs Across USA
Like with the cost of all types of liposuction procedures, ankle liposuction can be a bit expensive. The cost of this procedure averages $6000 across the United States, but may be even higher in some of the more popular regions of the country.
It is possible to have this procedure completed at a lower price, but it is important to choose a surgeon who is highly skilled and will offer high quality results.
By choosing this operation, you are allowing a professional to help shape your legs and create the beautiful look that you have always wanted. If you have been trying for years to get rid of this troublesome area, ankle liposuction may be the answer for you.
Be sure that you weigh the risks and rewards carefully so that you can decide the best path for you. With a little bit of professional guidance, you may finally be able to reach your goals and have the beautiful shapely legs and ankles that you have always wanted, but would never be able to obtain on your own.
DISCLAIMER: This article is for your basic guidance only. Always consult with your Doctor or a Specialist on everything