Arm Liposuction Costs
Arm liposuction as the name suggests is the removal of unwanted or excess fat cells from the upper arm area. Usually people resort to this procedure when the traditional weight loss and dieting hasn’t helped them achieve the upper arms they are after. Before deciding on an arm liposuction procedure, it is crucial to understand what it involved and if you can afford the arm liposuction costs that come with it. More often than not, it is women who opt for this type of surgery than men.
This article aims to cover only the general costs of an arm liposuction in this article. It is strongly advised that you always consult your physician or plastic surgeon for more details on the exact nature of procedure and the liposuction costs.
Average Arm Liposuction Costs
- It is estimated that the starting cost for liposuction in both the upper arms is around $2500.
- If the procedure is extensive lots of fat needs to be removed, the prices will increase and can be as high as $7500.
- Prices also vary depending on where you live, your general health condition and the reputation of your surgeon.
- In Chicago for example, the average patient can expect to pay around $2000.
- While in California, you can except to pay anywhere between $2000-3500 for the same elective surgery.
- At the same time, in Honolulu, Hawaii, an arm liposuction can cost anywhere from $2000-$5000.
Be aware that since, arm liposuction surgery is considered a cosmetic surgical procedure, it is usually not covered by most health insurance plans.
Extra Costs and Discounts
There might be other smaller but significant costs to be considered when electing to undergo this surgical treatment and it is smart to be aware of them
- If the surgeon or doctor prescribes antibiotics or any type of pain medication to help you recover, you have to factor in these costs as well.
- Recovery in a typical case is usually between 3-5 weeks.
- Compression sleeves for both arms, that help in reducing swelling in the arms can cost around $100-$150 in total.
Usually your surgeon can give you a discounted quote for your arm liposuction if you are having liposuction done on multiple areas of your body. In such cases, you should expect at least a 25% discount on the normal arm liposuction costs.
When choosing your surgeon, make sure that the American Board of Plastic Surgery has certified him/her and they have access to an accredited hospital. As a starting point, it is advisable to contact the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery for more details and referrals to qualified and accredited plastic surgeons in your area that perform arm liposuction.
DISCLAIMER: This article is for your guidance only. Always consult with your Doctor or a Specialist on everything.